Spinach, Tomato and Feta Cheese Penne
We might not make it back to Italy as soon as we’d like, but whenever we want a quick trip we just whip up this dish.
- Cooking time15 min
- Prep time10 min
- 1 lb. (500 g) penne pasta
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Becel® Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh basil leaves
- 1 package (284 g.) fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) cracked black pepper, or to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions until almost tender; drain and keep warm.
- Heat Becel® Oil in large nonstick skillet over low heat and cook garlic until softened and fragrant, about 3 minutes. (Do not brown.) Stir in tomatoes and basil and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach wilts.
- Add pasta, feta cheese, salt and pepper; toss well.