Quick and Easy Rose Cupcakes
The road to romance may not be easy, but these cupcakes sure are. Ready in just 45 minutes and simply delicious, your friends will all love a rose - cupcake, that is!
- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time20 min
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 tsp. (9 mL) baking powder
- 1 cup (250 mL) (2 sticks) Becel® salted margarine sticks, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) PLUS 2 Tbsp. 2% milk, divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 12-cup muffin pan with paper cupcake liners; set aside.
- Combine flours and baking powder in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat 1/2 cup (1 stick) Becel® sticks with granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs on low speed until blended, about 2 minutes. Beat in 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk and 1 tsp. (5 mL)vanilla. Slowly beat in flour mixture just until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Evenly spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat remaining 1/2 cup (1 stick) Becel® sticks, icing sugar, remaining 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) milk and 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla until blended. Beat on medium-high speed, scraping sides occasionally, until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon icing into piping bag fitted with 2D tip and twist end of bag to keep it closed. Pipe small dollop of icing in centre of each cupcake. In a continuous motion, pipe icing in layers of concentric circles over each cupcake to cover top and create rose effect.
Tip: Tint icing with food colouring to create coloured roses in different hues, if desired. *See nutrition information for calorie, saturated fat and sugar content.