Roasted Chicken with Artichokes, Tomatoes & Capers
Three truths of food preparation: diagonal sandwiches taste better, a recipe is just a starting point, and roasting enhances every dish.
- Cooking time25 min
- Prep time10 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 1 can (398 g.) artichoke heart quarters, drained
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) jarred capers, drained
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 500 g.)
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Olive Oil margarine
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. (22 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) chopped fresh oregano leaves or 10 mL dried
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) coarsely ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C). Spread tomatoes, artichokes, garlic and capers in single layer on large rimmed baking sheet. Top with chicken. Dot chicken and vegetables with Becel® Olive Oil margarine. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, then sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Roast 25 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve, if desired, with hot cooked couscous or rice.