Savoury Braised Green Beans
If a dinner were a film, we think this straightforward, yet scrumptious side would steal almost every scene. Not to mention, these greens are a great way to add a pop of colour to any meal!
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time10 min
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. (500 g) green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) reduced sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) lemon juice, (optional)
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in green beans and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until green beans are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper.
*Becel® Gold* in Quebec