Soft Fish Tacos with Jicama-Mango Salad
- Cooking time5 min
- Prep time20 min
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 small jicama or Gala apple, peeled and juliened (1/8 x 1/8 x 3-inch/0.3 x 0.3 x 7.5 cm strips) (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) lime juice, divided
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 8 ounces (227 g) cod fillet, cut into 2-inch (5 cm) chunks
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 4 corn tortillas, warmed
- Toss mango, jicama, 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lime juice and 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) cilantro in medium bowl; set aside.
- Season cod with remaining 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lime juice, chili powder and garlic. Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook cod, stirring occasionally, until cod flakes with a fork, about 4 minutes.
- Spoon cod into tortillas, then sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Serve with jicama-mango salad.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec.