Tilapia Piccata over Vegetable Ribbons
- Cooking time20 min
- Prep time15 min
- ServingsPortions 2
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) lemon juice, divided
- 2 tilapia fillets or sole fillets (about 4 oz. / 125 g ea.)
- 3 tsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 2 large zucchini, sliced into ribbons
- 2 large carrots, sliced into ribbons
- 1 small shallot or onion, finely chopped (about 2 Tbsp./30 mL)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) small capers
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) ground black pepper
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lemon juice over tilapia; set aside.
- Melt 1 tsp. (5 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook tilapia, turning once, until tilapia is almost done, about 6 minutes. Remove tilapia and set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tsp. (10 mL) margarine in same skillet and cook zucchini and carrots, stirring constantly, until starting to soften, about 2 minutes. Stir in shallot and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 2 minutes. Remove to serving plates; keep warm.
- Reserve 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) broth and blend with flour. Stir remaining broth, flour mixture and remaining 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lemon juice into same skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, then return tilapia to skillet. Simmer gently until tilapia flakes with a fork and sauce is thickened. Serve tilapia and sauce over vegetables. Sprinkle with capers and black pepper.
*Becel® Gold in Quebec.