Spiced Caramel Snickerdoodles
Spice it up with a soft and chewy cookie recipe that’s nothing to snicker at.
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time10 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Becel® Original margarine
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) HERSHEY'S® CHIPITS® Sea Salt Caramel Chips
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; set aside.
- Beat together Becel® Original, 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla until blended. Gradually add flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in sea salt caramel chips.
- Stir together remaining sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cayenne pepper in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Roll balls in sugar mixture, then place on ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden. Let cool for 2 minutes on rack; transfer cookies directly to rack and let cool completely.
Tip: For Spiced Caramel Snickerdoodle Sandwich Cookies, simply spread cream cheese frosting and store-bought caramel sauce between 2 cookies.