Vegan Maple Glazed Pumpkin Cookies
Fall is here and that means it’s time for pumpkin spice everything! These delicious pumpkin cookies are drizzled with sweet maple glaze – we just can’t resist.
- Cooking time8 min
- Prep time10 min
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) Becel® Salted Plant-Based Bricks
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) PLUS 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) maple extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190° C). Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Mix Becel Salted Plant-Based Bricks with sugars in large bowl. Mix in pumpkin puree and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; mix just until blended. Add 2 tsp. (10 mL) cinnamon and maple extract. Drop by tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets, 2-in. (5 cm) apart.
- Bake 8 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool cookies on sheets 2 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from sheets and cool completely.
- Combine icing sugar with remaining 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) cinnamon. Stir in 2 tsp. (10 mL) warm water until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.